Friday, July 23, 2010

Abyssea

Two big updates for this week; Abyssea and Trials.

Abyssea:
I have now discovered that going from 75->80 can be done in about 5 hours if you do those 5 hours straight in a good Abyssea exp party. I went with HellsBells on Sunday and we were OWNING at getting exp. We had a very balanced group of mostly melee and then a few healers and 2 nukers. The first about 30 minutes was spent trying to get everyone accustomed to Abyssea and just people saying, "get mages to kill." Once we started figuring out things like no one should WS below 30% of the mob so mages could blow them up we started getting good chains going. After that we started doing more melee kills to bulk up the number of chests dropping since supposedly magic kills grant more time chests and more melee kills are just more chests. Then there was a point where our exp seemed to have just stopped getting any higher so we switched to WS kills which supposedly boosts your exp and cruor gain. By the time that my Internet decided to go out for the night (exactly 12:30AM) we were doing about 500-550 exp per kill. I was told the next day they had gotten up to 600 exp per kill and were just raking in the exp. It wasn't too bad considering the amount of exp that we were getting. I also would have left with about 90 minutes left but since I d/c'd in there my clock kept running. Great time and hopefully I'll be able to do it again on Sunday with them.

Trials:
Sadly I haven't had any luck getting my Lamprey Lord kills so my Radenotachi is still stuck at Attack +7 instead of damage +10 which would be a big boost. But with Screamineagle I have made some good progress on his sword. I finished off the Sabotender kills and am about halfway through the lizard kills on earth day/weather. With the sword I have now I have some damage+, delay-, vit+, and physical damage-5% which is amazing! After the lizard kills I will only get 2 more damage I think which is still nice because I think it is now the highest damage sword I have on Screamineagle.

Other:
On a side note, DaFunk has officially broken and repearled under a new format. DF will now be an event based shell with a slight focus on HNM, mainly Behemoth. That is kind of sad for me because that means that no one is camping Aspid anymore which means I may have to pay to finish off my Black Belt. On the plus side though, they will be completely splitting the bank based on points. With this split I should be getting about 4M gil which I can spend however I see fit which basically means it'll be going into my "fund my Morrigan Robe" stash. With that 4M I can pay for close to half of the robe too since Imperial Wootz Ingots have dropped so much in price (was 640k, but back up to 800k).

I did kill Adamantoise yesterday too which was kind of fun. It was Treu, Screamin, and Vanderbilt on his 80WHM. You wouldn't have guessed it but that 80 WHM helped A TON!!! Without his being able to Repose the birds we would've been destroyed. I had Screamin tanking with his fancy Hauteclaire-2 and myself on RDM which was nuking and refreshing and failing at sleeping the birds. It was a ton of fun and I got the title for Screamin and Vandy, so that was cool. It made me realize that getting my jobs to 80 really does mean a lot though because those 5 levels make a huge difference, especially when it comes to HNMs.

That's it for now. Maybe another update coming next week for all of my 0 readers anymore. haha

No comments: